Whispering Pines Bible Camp
Camp Manager Job Description
The Camp Manager is responsible for planning, managing and leading the summer children’s camps for Whispering Pines Bible Camp Association (WPBCA). This key leadership role is a part of a team consisting of WPBCA board members, volunteers and staff working to deliver a summer camping experience that advances the Gospel of Jesus Christ for children and staff alike.
Reporting to the WPBCA Board of Directors, this position is a non-voting, ex-officio member of the WPBCA Board.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with assigned Board members and any approved volunteers or organizations to plan and recommend the camp curriculum for each summer camp season. Present the plan, including potential financial impacts for Board approval in conjunction with the annual budget process.
- Participate in annual budget process, providing details of expected camper numbers, staffing and training plans
- Lead recruiting and interview process for summer staff and volunteer positions, ensuring reference and background checks are conducted as required
- Facilitate staff development with the approved training plan that ensures all team members are prepared for the summer season; provide continuous performance feedback, both formal and informal as required
- Lead the development and implementation of level-appropriate, daily camp activities and schedules aligning with approved camp curriculum
- Oversee the day-to-day camp operations, ensuring safe practices and a healthy camp environment
- Develop and maintain supportive relationships with camp staff during and after the camp season
- Manage assigned cost categories within authorized budget funds, identifying any potential overruns or changing needs to the Board Chair and Treasurer in a timely manner
- Provide input and participate in fundraising and grant approval processes led by assigned Board members
- Attend WPBCA Board of Directors meetings in person or electronically
- Support and endorse WPBC Bylaws, Statement of Objectives and Statement of Faith
- Complete reporting to Treasurer, WPBCA Board and outside agencies as required
- Candidates with a completed or who are currently completing a post secondary diploma in Human Resources, Business Administrative, or Business Management may be given preference
- Moderate to proficient knowledge of Google Office Suite (Docs, Sheets, Forms etc.)
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Ability to organize and schedule personnel accordingly
- Submit cohesive reports in a timely and efficient manner
- Able to work under pressure
- First Aid Certification an asset
- Must have valid drivers license and provide a clean drivers abstract
- Must be willing to obtain a criminal record with vulnerable sector check
Whispering Pines Bible Camp Association Statement of Objectives:
- To proclaim and advance the cause of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- To operate and maintain Whispering Pines Bible camp
- To carry out charitable projects related to camp ministry.
Whispering Pines Bible Camp Association Statement of Faith:
The Holy Scriptures, as originally given by God, are divinely inspired, infallible, entirely trustworthy, and constitute the only supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
There is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
Our Lord Jesus Christ is God manifest in the flesh; we affirm his virgin birth, sinless humanity, divine miracles, vicarious and atoning death, bodily resurrection, ascension, ongoing mediatorial work, and personal return in power and glory.
The salvation of lost and sinful humanity is possible only through the merits of the shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ, received by faith apart from works, and is characterized by regeneration by the Holy Spirit.
The Holy Spirit enables and ensures that believers will live a holy life, to witness and work for the Lord Jesus Christ.
The Church, the body of Christ, consists of all true believers.
Ultimately God will judge the living and the dead, those who are saved unto the resurrection of life, those who are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
We believe that God created human beings, male and female, in his own image. Adam and Eve belonged to the created order that God himself declared to be very good, serving as God’s agents to care for, manage, and govern creation, living in holy and devoted fellowship with their Maker. Men and women, equally made in the image of God, enjoy equal access to God by faith in Christ Jesus. Adam and Eve were made to complement each other in a one-flesh union that establishes the only normative pattern of sexual relations for men and women, such that marriage ultimately serves as a type of the union between Christ and his church. Both men and women are encouraged to serve Christ and to be developed to their full potential in the manifold ministries of the people of God.
We believe that salvation is all of grace, and that the Gospel is revealed to us in doctrines that most faithfully exalt God’s sovereign purpose to save sinners and in His determination to save his redeemed people by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone, to His glory alone.
The existence of Satan, a created being and an enemy of God who has ultimately been defeated through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, and who will face his final judgment and eternal condemnation when Jesus Christ returns in His glory and restores all things.
We believe that God justifies and sanctifies those who by grace have faith in Jesus, and that he will one day glorify them—all to the praise of his glorious grace. In love God commands and implores all people to repent and believe, having set his saving love on those he has chosen and having ordained Christ to be their Redeemer.
Whispering Pines Bible Camp does not exist as a local church, but as a ministry extension of supporting local churches. As such the camp defers to these local churches in the broader and detailed teaching and instruction concerning biblical doctrine and theology.